THE NATIONAL STATE POLICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE TROOPER'S HOUSE DEDICATED TO THE STATE POLICE & HIGHWAY PATROL, ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT ARE WELCOME

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
THREAT ADVISORY
Powered by CopsPlus.com
Latest topics
» I need some state police/highway patrol patches...
 Wii Music - 2008 - Wii  EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:33 pm by NBW791

» Retirement!
 Wii Music - 2008 - Wii  EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:04 pm by QuarterMaster

» Hiring officers!
 Wii Music - 2008 - Wii  EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:01 pm by QuarterMaster

»  State Police agencies are suffering
 Wii Music - 2008 - Wii  EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:57 pm by QuarterMaster

» Two people arrested over Canterbury bomb hoaxes
 Wii Music - 2008 - Wii  EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:51 pm by QuarterMaster

» Man held in inquiry into payments to police
 Wii Music - 2008 - Wii  EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 am by Mr007

» Mottingham crash: Family hurt on A20 Sidcup Road
 Wii Music - 2008 - Wii  EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:58 am by Mr007

» Plas Madoc Communities First boss 'abused trust'
 Wii Music - 2008 - Wii  EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:03 am by Mr007

» Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval
 Wii Music - 2008 - Wii  EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:02 am by Mr007

5.11 Tactical Gear
Free 5.11 Tactical Gear at CHIEF
UNDER ARMOUR
FREE Ground Shipping on $50+ Under Armour Orders
LAW ENFORCEMENT DIVISION
CHIEF
CHIEF - More Responsive, Period
Ron's vote
Ron's Top Law Enforcement Sites List
DINNTROPHY
Buy Fire Police & EMT Awards at Dinntrophy.com!
CRIMINAL JUSTICE CAREER
Criminal Justice Jobs Central - 100+ Jobs Daily
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
POLICEWORLD.NET
POLICE WORLD LINK
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Front Sight Fire Arms Training
Front Sight Fire Arms Training
COPSEEK
Rate Us

Wii Music - 2008 - Wii

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007
Posting Rank:Trooper Candidate

Wii Music - 2008 - Wii  Empty
PostSubject: Wii Music - 2008 - Wii     Wii Music - 2008 - Wii  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 8:45 am

[SIZE="6"]Wii Music[/SIZE]

Wii Music - 2008 - Wii  Wiimusic

I have to admit I wasn’t exactly aiming for a challenge when I first played this game. In fact, that’s what this game has to offer, NO CHALLENGE.

Wii Music is all about pretending to play instruments on your feeble plastic Wiimotes. And that’s about it. Hmm, seems like this won’t take long at all. The first thing you’ll do is a tutorial, not that you have a choice, you’ll learn the 4 instrument types, Guitar, Percussion, Violin and Piano. If you have a Wii Balance Board you can learn how to play a Drum kit, which sadly I don’t have seeming as all of Britain’s Grannies are buying their grandchildren Wii Fit for the price of “I’ll knit you a nice sweater”. But the thing is, there are almost all the bloody same. All you do is shake the Wiimote like you were strangling someone whilst suffering from ****er’s cramp. If you think you know what the controls are going to be like and you have some imagination of what to do on a instrument, you can play it straight away.

At the start it turns out you have a total of 5 songs. You can unlock more by creating music videos. Which is just “playing” a song and saving it. I quote “playing” because you are not really doing anything, you can just sit there and watch the backing musicians get it 100% correct whilst you can either absolutely nothing, try to play the song or just mess about with whatever instrument you feel like. This isn’t a game, it’s a unfinished music synthesizer. I found selecting the run away option in a wild Pokemon battle more challenging than this. The only real sort of challenge is the mini-games, which there’s about 3. One of them is a bell ringing game (wipe that smirk off your face) where you must hit a bell at the right time, which is what single player really should have been. A orchestral game where you are conductor that must conduct a band, you must try to make the band get the song 100%, which is exactly the same as the last game… The last one is actually different from the others. The last one is a question solving game in which players are quizzed on distinguishing different sounds from one another. This mode is similar to Find Mii in Wii Play, and allows the user to pick up Miis and place them in the correct positions. Multiplayer is a hot-seated version whereby one person of the group will get picked to answer a question. I’m sorry I had to copy from wikipedia there, I just don’t think I could explain it. Overall all mini-games are pretty repetitive and almost similar tasks to do. Do this only for the unlockable songs (you get the Mario theme and The Legend of Zelda theme, so not a total loss).

Wii Music - 2008 - Wii  10285

But one thing I have to give a very special gold star to Wii Music is the multiplayer. I didn’t like the fact that all you’re doing just flapping your arms like a fish out of water to play instruments, but doing with your friends is rather entertaining. I played this with a couple of my mates and we just whaled our arms pretending to be Mötorhead when we were supposed to be playing Twinkle, Twinkle little star.

As for sound, it is good. All the instruments sound authentic and realistic. Some instrument are just what the hell, I’m mean there a dog suit and the Miis bark when you shake the Wiimote, How is a dog’s bark and instrument? Soundtrack isn’t exactly the best, could use some better songs, but there are some gaming themes included. Graphics don’t really apply as a good nor a bad aspect, seeming as it’s the Wii I’ll go easy on the graphics, It almost seems like GameCube graphics. You can’t really expect less or more on graphics when it comes to Nintendo, that’s why I stopped caring for graphics a long time ago.

Wii Music - 2008 - Wii  Wiimusic01

CONCLUSION

No matter how hard I tried to like Wii Music, faults came hurling up the back of Wii Music’s throat at almost every corner. But I can’t deny that this is fun, it’s the type of game that is a backup plan for when you get too stressed over something else, Wii Music is really some sort of stress ball that you can whale onto it as much has you want and it won’t feel a thing. As I said before, This is not a game. This is a unfinished music synthesizer. For me it’s Nintendo’s little lab experiment, and everyone who’s played it is a lab rat, I for one am a little bit confused lab rat. I can’t say this is bad, as there’s no real competition being to smack over the face.

I RECOMMENDthis to:
People who have a an musical imagination
People with friends who are willing to stoop to a relaxed level
People who aren’t looking for competition

I DON’T RECOMMEND this to:
People who want a challenge
People who have no friends
Lab Rats.

+ Good Multiplayer
+ Sound is pretty solid
+ It’s a good idea…
- …but it isn’t a finished one