THE NATIONAL STATE POLICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE TROOPER'S HOUSE DEDICATED TO THE STATE POLICE & HIGHWAY PATROL, ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT ARE WELCOME

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
THREAT ADVISORY
Powered by CopsPlus.com
Latest topics
» I need some state police/highway patrol patches...
Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:33 pm by NBW791

» Retirement!
Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:04 pm by QuarterMaster

» Hiring officers!
Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:01 pm by QuarterMaster

»  State Police agencies are suffering
Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:57 pm by QuarterMaster

» Two people arrested over Canterbury bomb hoaxes
Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:51 pm by QuarterMaster

» Man held in inquiry into payments to police
Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 am by Mr007

» Mottingham crash: Family hurt on A20 Sidcup Road
Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:58 am by Mr007

» Plas Madoc Communities First boss 'abused trust'
Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:03 am by Mr007

» Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval
Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:02 am by Mr007

5.11 Tactical Gear
Free 5.11 Tactical Gear at CHIEF
UNDER ARMOUR
FREE Ground Shipping on $50+ Under Armour Orders
LAW ENFORCEMENT DIVISION
CHIEF
CHIEF - More Responsive, Period
Ron's vote
Ron's Top Law Enforcement Sites List
DINNTROPHY
Buy Fire Police & EMT Awards at Dinntrophy.com!
CRIMINAL JUSTICE CAREER
Criminal Justice Jobs Central - 100+ Jobs Daily
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
POLICEWORLD.NET
POLICE WORLD LINK
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Front Sight Fire Arms Training
Front Sight Fire Arms Training
COPSEEK
Rate Us

Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007
Posting Rank:Trooper Candidate

Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval Empty
PostSubject: Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval   Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:02 am

Farm The dairy is planned for Lower Leighton Farm in Leighton, near Welshpool
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

* Farmer resubmits super dairy plan
* Castle objects to 'super dairy'
* Farmer defends 'super dairy' idea

Controversial plans for a "super dairy" in Powys are likely to be approved after councillors ignored advice to reject it.

Farmer Fraser Jones plans to build the dairy for 1,000 cattle at Leighton near Welshpool.

Powys Council's planning committee said it was "minded to approve" the application subject to a report on "outstanding issues".

The development is still opposed by a number of interested groups

The planning committee members voted twice. The first vote saw five councillors in favour and six against.

Obstacles

The second vote was on a motion that "the committee is minded to approve the application subject to a report coming back to committee on outstanding issues". This was passed by six votes to four.

Afterwards Mr Jones said: "I'm very excited and relieved.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

I've put a lot of hard work in, and my agents, to overcome a lot of obstacles, and I'm glad the councillors saw the sort of work we'd done to overcome the difficulties”

End Quote Fraser Jones Dairy applicant and farmer

"I've put a lot of hard work in, and my agents, to overcome a lot of obstacles, and I'm glad the councillors saw the sort of work we'd done to overcome the difficulties.

"We've got some conditions to meet, internal road access is the main one."

He added that he wanted the project to be a success and was willing to do what he could to make it so.

Council officers had recommended that planning approval should be refused.

Groundwater

A council report said Mr Jones's application had been rigorously scrutinised, but concluded that the scale, location and impact of the development "fundamentally conflicts" with the development plan.

It added that the parlour would have a visual impact locally on listed buildings, would affect views from nearby Powis Castle, and would impinge on Offa's Dyke.

The Environment Agency raised concerns about groundwater and how manure would be managed after the project was first unveiled in August last year.

Mr Jones said in February that he had addressed these worries after withdrawing a first application.

The agency had no objections against the latest proposals, along with Powys environmental health services and Powysland Internal Drainage Board.

But the development is still opposed by the Countryside Council for Wales, the historic monuments agency Cadw, the Campaign for the Protection of Rural Wales, the National Trust and Powys Teaching Health Board, which is concerned about air quality.

The council report said: "The site is located within a vicinity which is sensitive in terms of its proximity to and its visual relationship (to) heritage assets including listed buildings, a registered landscape and a scheduled ancient monument."

Compassion in World Farming raised concerns last year, but Mr Jones said his animals' health would be monitored all the time, and he claimed the dairy would improve milking conditions.

The council said it received a high number of objections to the original application, and an action group was formed locally.

The planned dairy is next door to homes and a primary school.

Forum Link Building service
high quality article writing service
Back to top Go down

Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE NATIONAL STATE POLICE :: TROOPS NEWS CENTER :: TROOP ANNOUNCEMENTS-
Jump to: