THE NATIONAL STATE POLICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE TROOPER'S HOUSE DEDICATED TO THE STATE POLICE & HIGHWAY PATROL, ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT ARE WELCOME

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
THREAT ADVISORY
Powered by CopsPlus.com
Latest topics
» I need some state police/highway patrol patches...
Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:33 pm by NBW791

» Retirement!
Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:04 pm by QuarterMaster

» Hiring officers!
Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:01 pm by QuarterMaster

»  State Police agencies are suffering
Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:57 pm by QuarterMaster

» Two people arrested over Canterbury bomb hoaxes
Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:51 pm by QuarterMaster

» Man held in inquiry into payments to police
Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 am by Mr007

» Mottingham crash: Family hurt on A20 Sidcup Road
Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:58 am by Mr007

» Plas Madoc Communities First boss 'abused trust'
Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:03 am by Mr007

» Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval
Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:02 am by Mr007

5.11 Tactical Gear
Free 5.11 Tactical Gear at CHIEF
UNDER ARMOUR
FREE Ground Shipping on $50+ Under Armour Orders
LAW ENFORCEMENT DIVISION
CHIEF
CHIEF - More Responsive, Period
Ron's vote
Ron's Top Law Enforcement Sites List
DINNTROPHY
Buy Fire Police & EMT Awards at Dinntrophy.com!
CRIMINAL JUSTICE CAREER
Criminal Justice Jobs Central - 100+ Jobs Daily
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
POLICEWORLD.NET
POLICE WORLD LINK
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Front Sight Fire Arms Training
Front Sight Fire Arms Training
COPSEEK
Rate Us

Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EMTGuard
Posting Rank:Trooper Candidate
EMTGuard

Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems Empty
PostSubject: Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems   Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 5:21 am

Hi Everyone! I had an assignment last year that asked, "what would you suggest to the correctional and jail systems about over crowding jails. One main subject has to give your thoughts on if elderly inmates that pose no threat anymore should stay incarcerated or if they should go free." I wanted to know what you think!

Me personally I believe it shouldn't matter if you are a threat or not. If you did the crime you deserve to pay the entire time you were served. However, I also understand that the government can't afford to hire more guards and build enough buildings to keep them all under control. I also know that by allowing some people to leave after serving only a little of their sentence can be a bad thing because I have seen people not learn their lesson and end up back in prison. My answer in my project was that you have to take each case and look at it individually. A man that entered the jail as a healthy middle aged man that raped a woman or a child and then ended up with cancer or some other life threatening disease and made him paralyzed from the waist down of course wouldn't be a threat. If he was dying some people may look at that as a way for the jail not to have to pay his hospital bills, by allowing him to go home and 'be with his family in his last days'. On the other hand, if a future rapist or killer sees that once you believe a person is unable to do the crime and they follow and act as if they are unable to move properly but in reality nothing is the matter with them, physically I mean, then who's to say they won't use that as a way to get out and do their crime again.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Angeleyes0507
imbrium
Posting Rank:Trooper First Class

Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems   Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:40 pm

I had to read that twice- the phrasing is somewhat awkward. It's something that I've been hearing more (which is to say, hearing a few as opposed to no words) about recently. There is no question that overcrowding is a serious problem, however the decision about when to release a person is probably best decided case by case- I don't think there is any reliable way to generalize the process because there are just so many variables involved. But then, my experience is pretty limited. You'd be better off waiting for some of the wiser folks to answer so you can get a better picture.
Back to top Go down

Aging Inmates in the Jail Systems
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE NATIONAL STATE POLICE :: PUBLIC SAFETY :: DISCUSSION CENTRAL-
Jump to: