THE NATIONAL STATE POLICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE TROOPER'S HOUSE DEDICATED TO THE STATE POLICE & HIGHWAY PATROL, ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT ARE WELCOME

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
THREAT ADVISORY
Powered by CopsPlus.com
Latest topics
» I need some state police/highway patrol patches...
How Many Arrest? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:33 pm by NBW791

» Retirement!
How Many Arrest? EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:04 pm by QuarterMaster

» Hiring officers!
How Many Arrest? EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:01 pm by QuarterMaster

»  State Police agencies are suffering
How Many Arrest? EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:57 pm by QuarterMaster

» Two people arrested over Canterbury bomb hoaxes
How Many Arrest? EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:51 pm by QuarterMaster

» Man held in inquiry into payments to police
How Many Arrest? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 am by Mr007

» Mottingham crash: Family hurt on A20 Sidcup Road
How Many Arrest? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:58 am by Mr007

» Plas Madoc Communities First boss 'abused trust'
How Many Arrest? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:03 am by Mr007

» Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval
How Many Arrest? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:02 am by Mr007

5.11 Tactical Gear
Free 5.11 Tactical Gear at CHIEF
UNDER ARMOUR
FREE Ground Shipping on $50+ Under Armour Orders
LAW ENFORCEMENT DIVISION
CHIEF
CHIEF - More Responsive, Period
Ron's vote
Ron's Top Law Enforcement Sites List
DINNTROPHY
Buy Fire Police & EMT Awards at Dinntrophy.com!
CRIMINAL JUSTICE CAREER
Criminal Justice Jobs Central - 100+ Jobs Daily
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
POLICEWORLD.NET
POLICE WORLD LINK
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Front Sight Fire Arms Training
Front Sight Fire Arms Training
COPSEEK
Rate Us

How Many Arrest?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
statecruisen
Posting Rank:Trooper

How Many Arrest? Empty
PostSubject: How Many Arrest?   How Many Arrest? EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 6:39 pm

How many arrest have you made in your career?
Back to top Go down
NBW791
Posting Rank:Trooper Candidate

How Many Arrest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Arrest?   How Many Arrest? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 10:28 pm

Are you serious? I would have no idea.
Back to top Go down
statecruisen
Posting Rank:Trooper

How Many Arrest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Arrest?   How Many Arrest? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 5:48 pm

NBW791 wrote:
Are you serious? I would have no idea.

You must have made alot of arrest in your career!
Back to top Go down
NBW791

How Many Arrest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Arrest?   How Many Arrest? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 2:09 pm

I work a busy metro area, so yes. I also worked at PD for about 2 1/2 years before being a trooper, so there are all those arrests too. Plenty of DUIs, warrant arrests, domestic violence, shop lifters, the standard traffic stuff like driving while suspended......I would venture to say at least 500 at a bare minimum.
Back to top Go down
pullthemover
Posting Rank:Corporal
pullthemover

How Many Arrest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Arrest?   How Many Arrest? EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 6:24 am

NBW791 wrote:
I work a busy metro area, so yes. I also worked at PD for about 2 1/2 years before being a trooper, so there are all those arrests too. Plenty of DUIs, warrant arrests, domestic violence, shop lifters, the standard traffic stuff like driving while suspended......I would venture to say at least 500 at a bare minimum.

Nice Record you have alot under your belt.
Back to top Go down
NBW791

How Many Arrest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Arrest?   How Many Arrest? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Thanks...trying for a record number of DUIs this year. We'll see how that works out....
Back to top Go down
GATrooper37
Posting Rank:Trooper Applicant
GATrooper37

How Many Arrest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Arrest?   How Many Arrest? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 11:08 pm

NBW791 wrote:
Thanks...trying for a record number of DUIs this year. We'll see how that works out....

Good luck with that! My personal best was 194 DUI arrests. The same year my younger brother made 415 DUI arrests and set a new Georgia record. He was on a DUI Task Force at the time and I was just a regular road trooper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.firstgiving.com/joeycbrown
NBW791

How Many Arrest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Arrest?   How Many Arrest? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:49 pm

Holy cow.....that's impressive. I didn't mean a state record, just my OWN record, and I clearly don't see me getting 415 in a year!

I have a few questions though about this though:

#1 - Do you have a BAT van you call to the side of the road so you can just hook them and have them blow right there or do you still have to take them to the jail to do everything?

#2 - How long are your DUI reports? Are they a lengthy, detailed narrative or a pretty basic, "Saw drunk, arrested same" report? Mine are:
* An arrest report (fill in the blank stuff)
* Drug/Alcohol influence report (front & back page, fill in the blank, check boxes for clues of impairment and about 30 questions to ask them if they waive their rights
* Tow inventory (easy 5 minutes or less)
* Narrative, which is usually 3 to 5 pages typed

#3 - How long does it take you to complete a DUI report? I usually spend 2 hours from the stop until the I leave the jail, and another probably 3 hours doing paperwork. I sit down and watch my video tape very closely to get incriminating quotes, make sure I get all the clues down pat, etc., so if I get a drunk Friday and Saturday night, I'll spend most the night either Sunday or Monday in the office typing. It's time consuming, but it does keep me out of court.

#4 - Do you have administrative driver's license hearings? Around here, there is the criminal side of the DUI and the administrative side that pertains to their driver's license suspension. If they request a hearing, which many do just to see if the officer will show up, then you have to go to that, and might go to criminal (traffic) court later down the road.

#5 - What type of area do you work? I'm in a metro where I work 100+ crashes a year, a lot of special assignments and I switch back and forth every week between days and evenings.

#6 - Did you work a straight midnight shift that year? One of my classmates in another part of the state had about 150 drunks last year, but they were working all midnight shift. Heck, I'm home by the time the bars close most nights! :-)

Just curious how you do it! The same questions go for your brother too. I assume on a DUI task force that was ALL he did that year. Man....that's a ton of drunks. I think the average number of days worked a year is about 260 by the time you take off vacation, etc, so that's still almost 2 a night. Did he get burnt out by the end of that?
Back to top Go down
GATrooper37
Posting Rank:Trooper Applicant
GATrooper37

How Many Arrest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Arrest?   How Many Arrest? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 11:30 pm

NBW791 wrote:
Holy cow.....that's impressive. I didn't mean a state record, just my OWN record, and I clearly don't see me getting 415 in a year!

I have a few questions though about this though:

#1 - Do you have a BAT van you call to the side of the road so you can just hook them and have them blow right there or do you still have to take them to the jail to do everything?

Back in the day I never had the luxury of a BAT trailer and neither did my brother. You took them to jail and did everything. We do use a BAT trailer for special details now. After the Georgia/Alabama football game this past year we made 106 DUI arrests using two BAT trailers.

#2 - How long are your DUI reports? Are they a lengthy, detailed narrative or a pretty basic, "Saw drunk, arrested same" report? Mine are:
* An arrest report (fill in the blank stuff)
* Drug/Alcohol influence report (front & back page, fill in the blank, check boxes for clues of impairment and about 30 questions to ask them if they waive their rights
* Tow inventory (easy 5 minutes or less)
* Narrative, which is usually 3 to 5 pages typed

The reports have gotten longer and much more detailed over the years. This is just my observation but a narrative that is 3 to 5 pages typed is too much information. Our typical narrative is 1-2 pages typed. Your certainly don't won't to duplicate information. Since I haven't seen your report I am merely speculating.

#3 - How long does it take you to complete a DUI report? I usually spend 2 hours from the stop until the I leave the jail, and another probably 3 hours doing paperwork. I sit down and watch my video tape very closely to get incriminating quotes, make sure I get all the clues down pat, etc., so if I get a drunk Friday and Saturday night, I'll spend most the night either Sunday or Monday in the office typing. It's time consuming, but it does keep me out of court.
I would say most GA troopers spend around 1-1.5 hours from the stop time until they're back in service. It is not uncommon for a trooper to have 3 DUI arrests in a shift.

#4 - Do you have administrative driver's license hearings? Around here, there is the criminal side of the DUI and the administrative side that pertains to their driver's license suspension. If they request a hearing, which many do just to see if the officer will show up, then you have to go to that, and might go to criminal (traffic) court later down the road.

SAME SITUATION HERE!

#5 - What type of area do you work? I'm in a metro where I work 100+ crashes a year, a lot of special assignments and I switch back and forth every week between days and evenings.

Mostly rural for my troop but we do have urban areas such as Athens, where the University of Georgia is located.

#6 - Did you work a straight midnight shift that year? One of my classmates in another part of the state had about 150 drunks last year, but they were working all midnight shift. Heck, I'm home by the time the bars close most nights! :-)

Mostly late shifts, a few midnites and just about all weekends. Many times I would stay out 2-4 hours after my shift was supposed to end. I just carried 8 hours but they frown on that now.

Just curious how you do it! The same questions go for your brother too. I assume on a DUI task force that was ALL he did that year. Man....that's a ton of drunks. I think the average number of days worked a year is about 260 by the time you take off vacation, etc, so that's still almost 2 a night. Did he get burnt out by the end of that?

My brother worked just midnights and worked in the metro Atlanta area. They typically worked in the party district. The strange thing was they only worked Monday thru Friday nights. I think you can burn out on thing if you do it long enough. You have to have a passion for something like this. At times I couldn't believe I was getting paid to do this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.firstgiving.com/joeycbrown
Sponsored content

How Many Arrest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Arrest?   How Many Arrest? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Many Arrest?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE NATIONAL STATE POLICE :: PUBLIC SAFETY :: ASK A TROOPER-
Jump to: