THE NATIONAL STATE POLICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE TROOPER'S HOUSE DEDICATED TO THE STATE POLICE & HIGHWAY PATROL, ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT ARE WELCOME

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
THREAT ADVISORY
Powered by CopsPlus.com
Latest topics
» I need some state police/highway patrol patches...
BECOMING A TROOPER EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:33 pm by NBW791

» Retirement!
BECOMING A TROOPER EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:04 pm by QuarterMaster

» Hiring officers!
BECOMING A TROOPER EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:01 pm by QuarterMaster

»  State Police agencies are suffering
BECOMING A TROOPER EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:57 pm by QuarterMaster

» Two people arrested over Canterbury bomb hoaxes
BECOMING A TROOPER EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:51 pm by QuarterMaster

» Man held in inquiry into payments to police
BECOMING A TROOPER EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 am by Mr007

» Mottingham crash: Family hurt on A20 Sidcup Road
BECOMING A TROOPER EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:58 am by Mr007

» Plas Madoc Communities First boss 'abused trust'
BECOMING A TROOPER EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:03 am by Mr007

» Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval
BECOMING A TROOPER EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:02 am by Mr007

5.11 Tactical Gear
Free 5.11 Tactical Gear at CHIEF
UNDER ARMOUR
FREE Ground Shipping on $50+ Under Armour Orders
LAW ENFORCEMENT DIVISION
CHIEF
CHIEF - More Responsive, Period
Ron's vote
Ron's Top Law Enforcement Sites List
DINNTROPHY
Buy Fire Police & EMT Awards at Dinntrophy.com!
CRIMINAL JUSTICE CAREER
Criminal Justice Jobs Central - 100+ Jobs Daily
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
POLICEWORLD.NET
POLICE WORLD LINK
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Front Sight Fire Arms Training
Front Sight Fire Arms Training
COPSEEK
Rate Us

BECOMING A TROOPER

Go down 
+2
t150vsuptpr
QuarterMaster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
QuarterMaster
Admin
QuarterMaster

BECOMING A TROOPER Empty
PostSubject: BECOMING A TROOPER   BECOMING A TROOPER EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 6:54 pm

WHAT MADE YOU WANT TO BECOME A TROOPER?
Back to top Go down
https://thenationstatepolice.forumotion.com
QuarterMaster
Admin
QuarterMaster

BECOMING A TROOPER Empty
PostSubject: Re: BECOMING A TROOPER   BECOMING A TROOPER EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 7:02 pm

I WANTED TO IN LAW ENFORCEMENT FROM CHILDHOOD BUT SEAL THE DEAL FOR ME WAS THREE MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH WHERE FAMILY WORSHIPS WHO WERE TROOPERS. JUST THE WAY THEY CARRIED THEMSELVES AND THE STORIES THE TOLD IN BIBLE CLASS ABOUT THERE PATROLS SEAL THE DEAL FOR ME.

WHAT ABOUT YOU?

MARYLAND STATE POLICE
Back to top Go down
https://thenationstatepolice.forumotion.com
t150vsuptpr
Posting Rank:Trooper Applicant

BECOMING A TROOPER Empty
PostSubject: Re: BECOMING A TROOPER   BECOMING A TROOPER EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 2:40 am

I like to eat ... and I'm too skeered to steal ... and too lazy to work. Laughing

No, actually I've posted this someplace before ... and saved it, but I've told this story more'n once in the last 30 years ....

.... way back, when I was maybe 7 or 6 year old, I was at my grandparent's farm for part of the summer (like many summers, I spent weeks at a time down there) and one of my mother's younger brothers who had just gotten out of the Air Force had been out all night (I was ariding my bike, a red 24" J.C.Higgins with headlight ... around the upper yard) and suddenly he (my uncle) come up the road in his shiney black '47 Chevrolet Delux 2 dr sedan (with big shiney visor across the top of the windshield) and turned in betwixt the pines and slud to a stop and bailed out and run down to the house, and after a moment or two, this dark haired beauty (that'd be a "girl", a "full growed one" too she was) arose up out of the back seat and leaned over the front seat and opened the door and stepped out wearing only a slip and bra (W:shock:W) and I just stood there about 50 feet away, all agape like, and she rubbed her eyes as if just waking up and asked me where my uncle (she used his name) went and then before I could answer, here come a shiney two tone blue and gray early '60s Ford full size trooper car (it had "STATE" and "POLICE" decals and a big long whip antenna and a little red light on top) and it too turned in betwixt the pines and slud to a stop in the dirt almost beside the '47 and this man dressed in a sharp outfit wearing a stetson and leather and gun on a long swivel holster got out and he just stopped in his tracks when he spied the girl and he looked at her, looked at her some more and she just stood there, then he asked me where my uncle (he also used his real name, musta knowed him) went, while still looking at her some more and then the trooper went to the house and knocked on the door and my grandma who was out on the kitchen porch churning butter went in the kitchen door and come to the front door (I could see this from my angle as the kitchen door was off to the side of the house on twards the back) and answered the front door and the trooper told her who he was a looking for and she said he weren't home all night (she didn't know he was home now as you couldn't see that part of the yard from the kitchen porch) and the trooper pointed out the car and grandma leaned down so as to see out under to porch roof overhang up across the yard and saw the '47 and girl (and probably me on my bike) and she invited the trooper in and hollored up stars to my uncle (she used his name too, but she knowed him all his life) who had crawled in bed like he was asleeping (hahaha) and told him to come down NOW and he did and he went to the trooper car with the trooper and got some papers and stuff and after awhile, he went back in the house and the trooper left and the girl had already crawled back into the '47 and pulled a dress over her head and put on lipstick and done her hair in the visor mirror (this was back when girls cared how they looked) and I thought then and there ... Rolling Eyes
... Man, that looks like fun! Smile

And for the most part, it has been. Cool

(PS ... "rest of the story" ... my uncle's driver's license had expired while he was in the Air Force as had the tags on the '47 and he hadn't renewed them since getting out {and there was some shine in the trunk too, not much, but more'n a gallon I'm told, but trooper never knew that that day} and that's {dead tags and just knowed OL was expired} what the trooper turned on him for just up the road from the farm, and in later years I learned the trooper's name and he and my uncle got to be good friends, both still living, both retired now ... thank you for asking.)
Back to top Go down
RoadKingTrooper
RoadKingTrooper

BECOMING A TROOPER Empty
PostSubject: Re: BECOMING A TROOPER   BECOMING A TROOPER EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 8:17 pm

Nothing noble, Maybe because they were the only ones who could catch me? LOL

PD's I inquired about were looking for college. CSP didn't. Took a year and times were kinda tough at work, mid 70's, always dreamed of working plain clothes, took 11 years but I got it! Finished there 17 years later.

RKT
Back to top Go down
FutrTrPR
Posting Rank:Trooper Candidate
FutrTrPR

BECOMING A TROOPER Empty
PostSubject: Re: BECOMING A TROOPER   BECOMING A TROOPER EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 9:31 pm

Well my father is in Law Enforcement as well as several other members in my family. So i always had the utmost respect for LE!! I really didnt start to "BLEED BLUE" (LE Blue) until high school...So i decided to look into becoming a cadet with an agency. Fell in LOVE with Maryland State Police, and started processing with them my 12th grade year. Received a Conditional offer, did medical, and was not accepted. So upset I decided to join the AF until i was of age to apply for trooper. Now is the time!!! Everything that i have ever done was in preparations to achieve my goal which is to become a MSPman!! I cant imagine having a job outside of uniform. I have adapted to the military lifestyle and expectations fully and want to carry on in uniform with the MSP!
Back to top Go down
VSPClem

BECOMING A TROOPER Empty
PostSubject: Re: BECOMING A TROOPER   BECOMING A TROOPER EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:09 pm

"If your gonna be a bear, be a grizzly bear"
Back to top Go down
statecruisen
Posting Rank:Trooper

BECOMING A TROOPER Empty
PostSubject: Re: BECOMING A TROOPER   BECOMING A TROOPER EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:21 am

Keep the stories coming! I think it will encourage others!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BECOMING A TROOPER Empty
PostSubject: Re: BECOMING A TROOPER   BECOMING A TROOPER Empty

Back to top Go down

BECOMING A TROOPER
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE NATIONAL STATE POLICE :: PUBLIC SAFETY :: DISCUSSION CENTRAL-
Jump to: