THE NATIONAL STATE POLICE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE TROOPER'S HOUSE DEDICATED TO THE STATE POLICE & HIGHWAY PATROL, ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT ARE WELCOME

HomeHome  Home pageHome page  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
THREAT ADVISORY
Powered by CopsPlus.com
Latest topics
» I need some state police/highway patrol patches...
MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:33 pm by NBW791

» Retirement!
MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:04 pm by QuarterMaster

» Hiring officers!
MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:01 pm by QuarterMaster

»  State Police agencies are suffering
MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:57 pm by QuarterMaster

» Two people arrested over Canterbury bomb hoaxes
MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:51 pm by QuarterMaster

» Man held in inquiry into payments to police
MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 am by Mr007

» Mottingham crash: Family hurt on A20 Sidcup Road
MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:58 am by Mr007

» Plas Madoc Communities First boss 'abused trust'
MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:03 am by Mr007

» Powys 'super dairy' is set for approval
MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:02 am by Mr007

5.11 Tactical Gear
Free 5.11 Tactical Gear at CHIEF
UNDER ARMOUR
FREE Ground Shipping on $50+ Under Armour Orders
LAW ENFORCEMENT DIVISION
CHIEF
CHIEF - More Responsive, Period
Ron's vote
Ron's Top Law Enforcement Sites List
DINNTROPHY
Buy Fire Police & EMT Awards at Dinntrophy.com!
CRIMINAL JUSTICE CAREER
Criminal Justice Jobs Central - 100+ Jobs Daily
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
POLICEWORLD.NET
POLICE WORLD LINK
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Front Sight Fire Arms Training
Front Sight Fire Arms Training
COPSEEK
Rate Us

MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
QuarterMaster
Admin
QuarterMaster

MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING Empty
PostSubject: MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING   MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 11:36 am

DO YOU THINK ALL TROOPER & OFFICER ALIKE SHOULD CONTINUE SOME TYPE OF MARTIAL-ARTS TRAINING TO KEEP THEIR SKILLS SHARP?

AND IF SO WHAT TYPE DO YOU RECOMMEND?
Back to top Go down
https://thenationstatepolice.forumotion.com
andy black
Posting Rank:Trooper Candidate

PostSubject: Re: MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING   MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:00 pm

I think a Trooper would be completely out of line and kidding themselves if they didn't continue some type of defensive training when they leave the academy. YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. Look at the reality of the situation. With the rise in the popularity of MMA, almost every complete knuckle head you meet on the road knows simple moves such as a rear naked choke. Why wouldn't you take it upon yourself to know more than the average guy? As far as what form should you learn, that's up to the person. I opt for BJJ and muay thai. I'm currently considering Krav Maga and Pikiti Tersch to develop skills that will adapt to more real life scenarios.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schp.org
pullthemover
Posting Rank:Corporal
pullthemover

PostSubject: Re: MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING   MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 7:16 pm

Hey Andy do you think alot Troopers are continuing their defense training?
Back to top Go down
andy black

PostSubject: Re: MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING   MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 1:50 am

From what I've seen, no. That really is a sad reality. I would say less than 20% continue with some sort of training. Many still work out, and thats fine and dandy, but unless you know how to conduct yourself against someone who has been training for the day you meet on the side of the road all those 500 lb. dead lifts aren't going to save your skin. Please don't think I have something against guys who lift. I don't. I do that as well. I just think Troopers owe it to themselves and their brothers and sisters to learn the skills that may one day save a life if not their own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schp.org
QuarterMaster
Admin
QuarterMaster

PostSubject: Re: MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING   MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 8:28 pm

I agree with andy black 100% because by continuing your defense tatical training, the life you might save could be your own or one of your brothers or Sisters.
Back to top Go down
https://thenationstatepolice.forumotion.com
EMTGuard
EMTGuard

PostSubject: Re: MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING   MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 12:06 am

I did Jit sit su last year and alot of the manuevers that they teach you I could see an officer being able to apply. In my class they have you flipping over sticks and learning how to back up and flip to the side to get away from, well they use a small stick but it is suppose to be as if it were a knife. I'm not an officer yet, but I agree with Andy. I use to work as a mall security guard and some of the cops that I worked with think that they can just over power the other person with just their arms but in reality a few times the subject turned around on them and tried to stab them with a knife. Another time they had a few people try to kick them down the stairs as they were walking up to the security office awaiting a patrol car. It gets dangerous out there and there are always new defensive tactics that people are learning. Hope everyone has a safe week!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Angeleyes0507
TallTacoma
Posting Rank:Trooper
TallTacoma

PostSubject: Re: MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING   MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 12:47 pm

andy black wrote:
I think a Trooper would be completely out of line and kidding themselves if they didn't continue some type of defensive training when they leave the academy. YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. Look at the reality of the situation. With the rise in the popularity of MMA, almost every complete knuckle head you meet on the road knows simple moves such as a rear naked choke. Why wouldn't you take it upon yourself to know more than the average guy? As far as what form should you learn, that's up to the person. I opt for BJJ and muay thai. I'm currently considering Krav Maga and Pikiti Tersch to develop skills that will adapt to more real life scenarios.

A lot of these folks will have TAPOUT stickers on their rear windows or have on clothing relating to MMA/UFC. Learn the different logos and up your game when you see these. It's a great indicator of whom you are dealing with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING   MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING Empty

Back to top Go down

MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING
Page 1 of 1